G&C Auto Body Website Accessibility — What You Should Know
G&C Auto Body understands that the website must be accessible to all people.
WCAG 2.1 Updates Are Currently Being Made
Substantial progress has been made toward accessibility, however, we acknowledge there might be additional areas for improvement. Improvements we have already completed will help many users, including those that rely on assistive technology, such as screen readers.
We partnered with a third-party WCAG expert to make the site more inclusive — implementing site-wide accessibility changes. This intensive work was completed in phases, and may involve future improvements. We completed the majority of the WCAG 2.1 improvements on August 4, 2021.
WCAG standards are constantly evolving. Please be aware our efforts are ongoing. If you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of this website, please contact us by filling out the contact form, or by calling the ADA Coordinator, Tara Crozat at: (707) 525-3520.
We look forward to your feedback.
WCAG 2.1 Updates
The list below details the updates we have already made to better serve all visitors.
- Updated all images with ALT text to describe them textually for vision impaired
- Added focus indicator to identify where the cursor is (for tab browsing)
- Improved navigation menu tab browsing
- Removed duplicated IDs in mobile navigation
- Updated numerous colors for fonts, buttons, borders, backgrounds, etc… to increase visual contrast
- Updated font sizes to be easier to read
- Updated heading structures to better organize page content
- Updated contact forms to have proper labels for input fields
- Increased header navigation contrast (background texture removed)
- Increased footer navigation contrast
- Changed social media icons to have greater contrast
- Improved button contrast, size, font size, click targets
- Added aria to design elements where additional information was required
Contact Us For Accessibility Assistance